Frequently Asked Questions:
What capabilities will the APP provide?
APP will provide:
- Supplier Management: Supplier onboarding, performance evaluations, and general maintenance
- Strategic Sourcing: Centralized processes to negotiate goods and services at the best price
- Contracts & Requisitioning : Create, maintain, and renew State contracts and easily create requisitions in system
- Invoices & Payables: Provides electronic invoicing capability and greater control of the payment cycle
- Analytics: utilize improved analytics tools and dashboards for reporting
What are the benefits of the Arizona Procurement Portal (APP)?
- Handles all aspects of procurement, from registering and contracting with vendors through placing orders and approving payments.
- Expands and simplifies management access to reports.
- Provides the public an easy-to-use portal to register as a vendor, subscribe to receive bid opportunities, view contract information and securely submit confidential bid information.
- Increases efficiency and consistency for vendors and the State by providing one S2P system that better meets everyone’s needs.
- Allows vendors to more easily provide information about products/services they offer, allow the State to create catalogs of items/services to make it easier for State buyers to find what they need.
How do I get access to APP?
In order to gain access to APP, you must complete the required courses based on the role that you will have in the system. More information on training requirements can be found on the Training Tab on this website. It will provide you with different scenarios that will help you to determine which courses are mandatory in order to gain access to the system. In addition, there are other courses that are optional that can be taken to help enhance your knowledge. All courses can be searched for in TraCorp.
Who in my agency can use the system to create requisitions?
The Requisitioner and Approver roles will be separate in APP.
Is APP covering from the beginning of sourcing through to payment?
Yes, APP will cover the entire Source to Pay process.
Is APP a part of AFIS?
No, APP is not part of AFIS, but it will integrate with AFIS.
What support is available for APP?
Some Agencies have their own help desk that should be contacted as a front line of support. You can also Click this link for the APP Agency Tech Lead List. If your Agency does not have a help desk then you can contact the APP Help Desk via email or phone. Go to the Support Tab on this website for additional information. There are also Quick Reference Guides available for your use. They are under the QRG Tab on this website.