A message from Ed Jimenez, Assistant Director
A Look to the Future - Building a World Class State Procurement Team
Hello and welcome to the State Procurement Office (SPO), a division of the Arizona Department of Administration.
In compliance with the Arizona Procurement Code and in support of the policy and administrative responsibilities of the State, SPO serves as the State’s central procurement authority and is responsible for the authorization, oversight and management of the contracting and purchasing activities of the State.
Simplify, clarify and modernize the law governing procurement by the state.
- Permit the continued development of procurement policies and practices.
- Make as consistent as possible the procurement laws among various state agencies.
- Provide for increased public confidence in the procedures followed in public procurement.
- Ensure the fair and equitable treatment of all persons who deal with the procurement system of this state.
- Provide increased economy in state procurement activities and maximize fully practicable in purchasing value of public monies of this state.
- Foster effective broad-based competition within the free enterprise system.
- Provide safeguards for the maintenance of a procurement system of quality and integrity.
Our mission is to help accelerate agency performance through value added services and offering agencies world class best practices in procurement.
To be the #1 State Procurement office in the Nation, where adding value is the norm and customer service is second to none.
A look to the future:
In line with the Governor’s vision, with the support of ADOA, the State Procurement Office’s vision is designed to help lead us in becoming a World Class Procurement team.
Thank you again for visiting and we hope you will find our website informative and user friendly. We welcome your comments, feedback, and suggestions for how we might further enhance our new website. Feel free to submit your feedback to [email protected].